Hot water systems
Receive discounts when you connect your home
to a new gas or solar hot water system.
Want to get connected to gas or solar hot water?
When you use hot water in your bathroom, kitchen or laundry, you’re not just paying for water. You’re also paying for the energy to heat it. Around 23% of the energy used in an average home is used to heat water, so it pays off to have an efficient hot water system in your home.
With REES, the South Australian Government’s Retailer Energy Efficiency Scheme, you may be eligible for a rebate on a solar, heat pump or gas hot water system and its installation. Working with our REES partner, Trade Services SA, you could save on installing a new hot water system.
Call Trades Services SA today to arrange a free onsite quote.
Current offers on gas and solar hot water systems for AGL customers
Connect a gas hot water system
Our offer includes:
- A free Rinnai Infinity 16 continuous flow system*
- Australian Gas Networks (AGN) rebates for 2020:
- $500 rebate towards the installation of a new gas hot water service in an existing property (not a gas replacement or new build)
- $500 new connection bonus for properties connecting to gas for the first time and installing a new appliance (gas meter installed 2020)
Additional installation charges may apply.
Connect to solar hot water
You could be eligible for a solar hot water system rebate if you have not had a hot water system already replaced at the property under REES. The offer includes:
- Up to $2,600# off a Rinnai Sunmaster 7M system and its installation for AGL customers
- Other tank sizes and brands may be available upon request.
Change to an efficient hot water heat pump
You could be eligible to replace your old hot water system with an efficient Rinnai Enviroflo 250lt Heat Pump.
- Supply and install with Trades Services SA and you could be eligible for up to $1,776 in rebates.
- Installation from only $2,590 inc GST after rebates.
The above offers are available to AGL customers through our REES partner Trade Services SA. As REES assistance is available to all eligible South Australian households, non-AGL customers can also contact Trades Services SA to see if they are eligible for a REES rebate.
REES eligibility includes:
- Existing home or a new or existing multi-storey apartment building where the hot water system hasn’t been replaced using a REES rebate before.
- Eligibility for our gas hot water system offer additionally applies to households that are not yet connected to a reticulated gas supply
Terms and conditions
Offers available until 30/11/2020 or until the offers expire.
These AGL offers are only available on supply and installation of the system by Trades Services SA or their accredited representative; all REES credits created under these offers must be assigned to AGL Energy.
Hot water installation prices are subject to site inspection and changes to government incentives.
Gas hot water systems
*Rinnai Infinity 16 valued at $735 incl. GST.
^The Australian Gas Networks’ free street-to-meter connection, new connection bonus and Category A appliance installation rebate (totalling $1,000) is available until 13/12/20) and to customers who connect their existing home to natural gas for the very first time and install at least one major gas appliance, such as a hot water system.
Solar and heat pump hot water systems
#Rinnai 7 315L solar hot water system with electric boosting with a RRP $5,200 before rebates, installation and GST. Actual savings may differ depending on the value of REES and other government incentives available at the time of installation.
Other tank sizes and brands available upon request. Please note that the government incentives vary with system sizing, efficiency and climatic zones.