for eligible businesses
Free LED high-bay lighting upgrade
Save money with an energy efficiency upgrade.
Receive a commercial lighting upgrade of up to 19 high-bay LEDs
With help from the South Australian Government’s Retailer Energy Efficiency Scheme (REES) and our partner Trades Services SA (TSSA), replace outdated lighting at your commercial premises with a modern, energy efficient solution.
Eligible businesses may receive up to 19 LED high-bay replacements with an installed-product value of up to $4,560, a calculation based on the RRP of $240 per Emerald Plant EYE LED high-bay. Your new high-bays will help you save on electricity bills, minimise lighting-replacement costs and reduce your environmental footprint.
Quality products. Installed by Class A electricians.
Receive up to 19 LED high-bay replacements with an installed-product value of up to $4,560.
Which businesses are eligible?
The REES lighting upgrade is available to businesses that:
- Consume up to 160 MWh in electricity per year (larger energy users may still be eligible on payment of a fee. S )
- Have not previously received a REES high-bay upgrade
- Can obtain permission from the premise’s landlord
- Have existing metal halide high-bays in working order with adequate power
- And do not require the high-bay lights to be relocated.
Our trusted partner, Trades Services SA
Our partner, Trades Services SA (TSSA), has been involved in the REES since it commenced in 2009.
TSSA is the largest creator of energy saving credits and has the highest compliance standards under the scheme.
In 2017, TSSA saved more than 800,000GJ of energy under the REES. That’s a carbon offset equivalent to planting 2.7 million trees.
Inspection and installation conditions
- Our offers are available until 31/12/19 or until the conclusion of the REES, whichever is earlier, in metropolitan and greater-Adelaide surrounds.
- Regional locations may be subject to availability of a TSSA representative. Contact us to find out if we operate in your area.
- Our offers are subject to site inspection. Charges may apply for non-standard installations, and/or distance from Adelaide.
- Installations which do not involve replacing working high-bays are not eligible for the REES, and will be charged at market rates. Any additional parts or materials will incur additional charges.
- REES only allows for a maximum of 900 GJ REES credits are available per site (NMI).
- All REES energy credits created under this offer must be assigned to AGL. For this offer to be valid, TSSA must supply and install the lighting.
- Large business customers are required to pay a minimum of $1.40 per GJ (incl. GST) equivalent for their REES upgrade. Large business customers are those where the National Meter Identifier (NMI) / site consumes upwards of 160 MWh of electricity per annum. Small business customers are not required to pay this fee.
Terms and conditions
- The highbay replacement site must have existing and operating lightings. Installation will depend on adequate power supply for replacement of existing highbays with LED highbays in the same location.
- Non-working lights need to be replaced to comply with AS/NZS1680; they will be replaced at market rates and they are not eligible for the REES.
- New installations which do not involve replacing existing lights are not eligible for the REES, and will be charged at market rates. Any additional parts or materials will incur additional charges.
- Any switchboard work or upgrades will incur additional charges. Additional charges may apply if a non-standard scissor lift is required.